Monday, November 14, 2011

What doesn't kill you....... Part Deux

So here we go again.  A new school in a new country.  

It is hard to believe that the ten weeks of language school has ended.  I don't mean to boast, but not once did I have to wake my kids up for school, not once did they whine about taking two trams totalling forty minutes to get there, and not once did they complain about going. They survived the last thirteen weeks (three weeks vacation) only to be thrown back into a whole new fire today.

Kelly walks across the street to go to her new school. Josh has a ten minute walk to get to his.  He will ride his bike when the weather permits.  Most days they begin at 8:20 and every day they come home for lunch at 12:00 and some days they go back around 1:45.  On Tuesday and Thursdays Kelly will go to school until 5:20.  On Wednesday they are both out at noon.  

I was nervous all morning waiting to hear how their morning went.  Keith took Kelly and I took Josh. I was more nervous than either of them.  They both loved it and felt that they understood most of what was being said.  Many people told me that by Christmas break the kids would be nearly fluent.  I didn't believe it, but I do now.  

Jana left on Friday morning and I was terribly sad to see her go.  Wednesday we spent the day in Lausanne, shopped along the street that Rick Steve's refers to as the Fifth Avenue of Switzerland, had lunch on Lake Geneva in Ouchy, and then hopped on a bus hoping to see some of the old town of Lausanne.  We were just too tired to walk around, but the bus didn't end up going to the places we had hoped.

Thursday we spent the day in Zurich and then stayed overnight so we could get Jana on the plane early Friday morning.  Ever since Jana arrived I have been looking for chocolate chip cookies to buy so we could have a birthday celebration compliments of Julie Pia.  Julie always brings me my favorite cookies for my birthday.  As a substitute she sent money so I could buy my own this year.  How thoughtful is that?  I tried, but hers can not be replaced.

Cookie at Starbucks - did not come close to Julie's.

Shopping in Zurich



No comments:

Post a Comment